National Braille Press supports a lifetime of opportunity for blind children through braille literacy, and provides access to information that empowers blind people to actively engage in work, family, and community affairs.
A non-profit braille publisher, National Braille Press promotes literacy for blind children through outreach programs and provides access to information by producing information in braille for blind children and adults. National Braille Press is the premier braille publisher in the US specializing in producing original braille works written by blind authors expressly for blind people.
- Braille is an essential tool that helps people without sight become literate;
- Blind people want to pay the same for their braille publications as sighted people pay for theirs;
- Schoolchildren should have their textbooks and tests at the same time their sighted peers do;
- Our purpose as a nonprofit is to raise sufficient funds to support these services;
- Our hiring and supervisory practices should encourage competitive employment for qualified disabled individuals.